Nike Football launched Darrelle Revis’ new signature training shoe – the Nike Zoom Revis – a versatile, all-weather, multi-surface “adaptive traction” shoe built for game day preparation and speed.
For the past year, Nike has worked closely with Revis to bring this inspired design to life, creating a training shoe that exceeds the needs of the dynamic athlete striving to improve his game.
Training is the bridge to great performance, built piece by piece, detail by detail. It combines time and hard work with acute determination. From Aliquippa, Penn., to the University of Pittsburgh to New York City, Darrelle Revis stayed focused and can now count himself among the elite. The Nike Zoom Revis design and innovation details speak directly to his journey back to the field – where he’s been, and how he trains for where he’s going.
“The Nike Zoom Revis was built from insights taken directly from the one of the premier cornerbacks in professional football,” said Nike Football Footwear Designer Director Ken Link. “We’ve worked with Darrelle Revis for over a year to be able to deliver new insights around all aspects of his training. This shoe allows athletes to train for speed on different surfaces, in different ways and in different environments leading up to game day.”
Coming off his early season injury, the word “training” still takes on the same meaning. His rehab journey takes on the same level of intensity as his normal training regimen, and the Nike Zoom Revis is built in much the same way — for speed, agility and versatility.
“I approach my rehab in the same way I approach the game,” Revis said. “My new shoe will help get me to game day by adapting to any movement, any level of intensity and any surface in my training – from the strength to conditioning and beyond.”
Here’s a look at the Nike Zoom Revis innovation and design elements:
- The bridges in NYC served as a inspiration for the design of the Nike Zoom Revis. A bridge brings together two different types of surfaces and in much the same way, the Nike Zoom Revis allows athletes to train from wet to cold, inside to outside, and turf to grass.
- A “traction on demand” element in the outsole engages with the ground to provide the ultimate in traction on any surface when the athlete needs it most. The pattern represents the rivets on a bridge and the Volt colorway represents the bright city lights on the bridges in NYC.
- Nike Flywire is incorporated to provide lightweight adaptable support for lateral movement and extreme cuts. The Flywire design equals the number 24 on each side of the strap in roman numerals.
- The midfoot strap is placed across the shoe for enhanced lockdown and fit for lateral movement and quick cuts. This dynamic lockdown system and underfoot propulsion helps athletes explode on each first step. Inside the strap, Revis shares his favorite quote: “The only way to handle pressure is to apply it.”
- The visible full length Zoom Air sole provides an ultra responsive ride.
- The internal form fitting bootie for a comfortable fit. The word “FAMILY” is placed on the inside of the tongue in honor of Revis’ commitment to them.
- The TPU heel clip is included to lock the heel into place.
- Mesh underlays keep the shoe lightweight and breathable.