The Olympics may be over, but a special sneaker release will give fans around the world another chance to honor the historic event with a twist that only lifestyle geniuses like BAIT could pull off.
The “Red Ring” Gel GT-II will be the final piece of the Olympics-inspired BAIT x ASICS Rings Pack, an exclusive collaboration between the Orange County-based lifestyle boutique and the world’s top-ranked running shoe company. The Red Ring dresses the classic ASICS running shoe in a bold and stunning asymmetric red and black makeup that is unlike anything that has been done on the shoe before.
The Red Ring Gel GT-II features a unique color blocking that gives the pair two different looks at two different angles, showing alternate details depending on the way the wearer stands. The right shoe’s outer lateral side is detailed the same way as the left shoe’s inner medial side and vice versa. As a result, face one way and the shoes will show a black midsole and a tonal black 3M logo; face the opposite direction and the shoes will show a flashier silver logo over a black panel and red midsole.
The bold red flair of the shoe pays tribute to the strength, effort, and drive of the world’s best athletes. The shoe is finished with a metallic gold insole in recognition of the Olympics’ ultimate prize.
- Two different shoes at two different angles: the coloring and details of the right medial side match the left lateral side, and vice versa
- 3M cross-stripe logo: stunning reflective overlay for an eye-popping detail that also increases the visibility of the runner at night
- Synthetic upper: a lightweight, shiny synthetic red upper
- Suede toe box: a smooth suede red toe box
- Black 3M eye stay: the eye stay is fitted in a reflective black tonal 3M strip
- Gradient midsole fade: midsole fades from red to black
- Rubber outsole: delivers the ultimate traction for running in style
- One piece medial logo: one-piece construction of the medial cross-stripe reduces the weight, helping seize even the slightest advantage
- Gold insole: a comfortable, metallic-brushed insert inspired by the gold medal, reminding wearers of their ultimate goals that lie ahead
- Gel cushioning: maximum, lightweight comfort engineered for running
- Two sets of laces: red and black
The BAIT x ASICS Rings Pack was conjured up as an eye-catching celebration of the world’s ultimate athletic exhibition. The exclusive collaboration included five unique shoes, each inspired by one of the colored rings in the Olympics’ iconic logo. The pack began with the “Blue Ring” Gel Lyte III and “Yellow Ring” GT-II releases in late July to celebrate the opening of the 2012 London Olympics. The “Black Ring” Gel Saga and “Green Ring” Gel Lyte III were released as the games wound down. The “Red Ring” GT-II finally completes the set.
BAIT is a lifestyle boutique based in Diamond Bar, CA. Founded with the drive to create a distinctive space that brings the sneaker, music, art, and collectible cultures together, the predatory attitude of BAIT comes from the craving for a unique and alluring selection of top-quality products. By collaborating with the industry’s most in-demand brands, BAIT is able to bring customers the most enticing and desirable goods.
The BAIT retail store opened its doors to the public on Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 at 11 AM PST. The BAIT x ASICS “Red Ring” Gel GTII will be available in-store and at BAITme.com on Friday, October 12th Midnight EST. It will also be available starting the same time on PYS.com, the exclusive partner online for the BAIT x Asics Rings Pack.